Monday, June 27, 2011

Message to INMED - Sustainable health systems for the poor!

Last week at the INMED class and at the INMED conference, it was an honor for me to engage you in a conversation about sustainable health systems for the 'under-served/forgotten' communities that live 'here' with us. I hope you've had time to reflect and perhaps start thinking about how your journed into health sustainability would look like.

It is important to keep in mind the three critical things that we learned including,

  • Complexity of health systems' sustainability especially in cases of extreme poverty
  • Clinical approach is critical in our ability to problem solving and develop solutions
  • Integrated systems work well. Independently, we are limited but as a collective group, with skill, committment and passion, we can impact change - anywhere!

I have heard from some of you and I am glad that you have proactively taken the first step in your journey. I would encourage you to become a part of an integrated system that is working in rythmn to impact change and sustainability in a health system for the under-served.

I would prefer you join the Hope Kenya Medical Mission Team but if you are not able to, I encourage you to join a team! 

Below is the email address and phone number for our director of medical missions. She is one of your peers in the medical field and she joined the Hope Kenya team after our encounter last year at the INMED conference.

It is such a thrill to work with you and I look forward to our journey together

No comments:

Post a Comment